Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up my tool palettes.......HELP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
taneum
513 Views, 1 Reply

Messed up my tool palettes.......HELP

I was in Civil 3D 2013 and messing around with customizing the tool palette groups. I copied the entire tool palette folder from my c: drive to the server and then added that location into my options. I then removed that folder location from my options and now when I open up the palettes, the groups are all empty and all I can look at is "all palettes". When I go to customize palettes the groups are there but all empty. I also in this process added two custom palettes and a custom group.

I tried deleting the entire folder from my c: drive and copying one from another computer but no change, still empty groups. Is there a tool palette file somewhere else on my computer that keeps the group tree organized that got messed up? Will "repairing" the software from the control panel fix it? To me there has to be some tool palette files on my c: drive somewhere that got messed up that save the groups doesn't there?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: taneum

Hi,

You may want to peform a secondary install following the steps from the following link to get the default tool palettes: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19170578&linkID=9240697 

Then you can modify as per your requirement.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report