Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging multiple corridor surfaces

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1482 Views, 4 Replies

Merging multiple corridor surfaces

Is there a way to merge or combine multiple corridor surfaces? I have three alignments with three corridor as shown in the attached file. How can I make the surfaces take each other in account when they are being created?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

You could use the Paste function under the Surface Definition collection, or you could make a single corridor using each of these alignments as a baseline in the corridor.

Tim Corey
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

the surfaces seem to conflict with one another. You may not want to paste these together.

You can however build that intersection with just one corridor.

by using parts of the definitions from each corridor, you should be able to come up with something much better inside one corridor.

the trick is using multiple baselines of the alignments to gap the intersections.

Dan

Dan
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I already have multiple baselines within the corridors with multiple templates for each. I am wanting to merge the corridors together so they will act as one surface. As of now, I have multiple corridors that overlap each other. I want them to realize that the other corridor is there.
Message 5 of 5
matthew.risch

That's not going to happen.
Either rebuild as ONE corridor, or
paste the individual surfaces into one corridor surface.
I'd make that decision based on budget vs anticipated vertical changes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report