Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge surfaces

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
paorconsult
26773 Views, 7 Replies

merge surfaces

i have create a corridor surface for my alignment and now i want to merge my corridor surface with my platform surface... what are the steps
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sboon
in reply to: paorconsult

- Create a new empty TIN surface
- Expand the surface definition area in toolspace until you can see the surface edits.
- Right click and select Paste Surface.
- Select the EG surface
- Repeat for the corridor surface. Your new surface will be a merge of the two.
Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 8
paorconsult

I noticed that the corridor surface that i create is not the surface by it own. it still in the corridor pack... is that mean i need to create another surfaces just for the alignment n coridor???
Message 4 of 8
BrianHailey

What is up with the duplicate posts lately and why do I seem to always reply to the one that has no discussion on it?

Brian

p.s. This is not directed to you, paorconsult. It just seems to have happened to me a lot lately

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 8
sboon

The surface created by the corridor exists as a separate object, but all of the definition data is part of the corridor properties. When you rebuild the corridor, the surface automatically updates.

You can use the surface just like you would any other, including a paste operation into a larger surface - or you can detatch it from the corridor and it will become a static object.
Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 8
Forum_new
in reply to: sboon

I think I have similar kind of issue in my mechanical 3d model. Please find attached immage for explaination of problem faced.

I would be thankful if someone can help me out.

Message 7 of 8
felang
in reply to: sboon

Once the merge has been made I notice any changes you have made to the “Point Label Styles” are reset; is there any way to keep the changes made to the label styles after the merging of the two surfaces?

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
ENGBILAL011
in reply to: felang

Can you please help me to know how to merge more than two surfaces at same time??

Also can you give me how to merge the surface when gage me warning " Couldn't do past opreation , surface is corrupt.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report