Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menus and toolbars won't show in C3d 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
albionpjl
1109 Views, 1 Reply

Menus and toolbars won't show in C3d 2013

Yes, I finally cleared enough space on my creaky old PC to install 2013 and once again am having trouble with that CUI.

The ribbon is useless to me, partly because it contains nothing relevent (most of the commands I use are legacy) and partly because this creaky PC can't handle it. My usual workspace is set to toolbars (some custom) and menus.

I exported my workspace from 2012 including all the menus and toolbars.

I imported that cuix file into 2013. Everything is there listed as it should be, but when I select the workspace and click apply I have neither toolbars nor menus showing (well I have a tiny toolbar with just new, open and save on it, and another that appears to be related to survey, but none of the ones I want or need.)

What do I have to do to get my menus and toolbars back please? Please tell me that they haven't abolished them completely? This PC cannot handle the ribbon and my every request for an upgrade is denied due to politics.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
albionpjl
in reply to: albionpjl

nvm got halfway there eventually. For future reference (As this will certainly re-occur next year).

Open 2012, open CUI.

Transfer.

Don't mess arround with new cuix or the right side at all.

In left bit click on dropdown and choose saveas.

Save.

Open 2013

Transfer,

Right side of it open the saved cuix and transfer the workspace accross to the left.

Check everything

cross fingers

click apply.

This gets some menus and some toolbars, but not everything.

Don't know where the rest of the commands are but hopefully I can rebuild them.

I wish they would reinstate the old way of customising; that made sense. This CUI never has.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report