Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure pipe slopes from end to end

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jstrahorn
389 Views, 5 Replies

Measure pipe slopes from end to end

I need to have civil 3d measure pipe slopes from end to end and not center to center. All of my stormwater computer programs measures slopes from end to end and I need the reports to match the plans. Any ideas??
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: jstrahorn

It is basically end to end that is getting measured. It just counts the end of the pipe inside of the manhole. Delete that structure and you will see what I mean. The pipes are technically ending in the middle. Other than that, I do not know of a way to measure the way you are asking.
Message 3 of 6
dlmanning

I don't know if this is related to your other post/problem but you can create an expression to do this. I believe it was in a discussion here recently. Run a search and you should be able to locate the information you need.
Message 4 of 6
jstrahorn

I can't have the program count the pipe inside the inlet...thats not correct, a storm pipe (in the real world) does not go to the center, the pipe ends at the structure. If the program counts center to center thats not an accurate depiction of the length of the pipe, thats makign the pipe longer than it actually is...
Message 5 of 6
john_ratliff
Message 6 of 6
dgordon

If the pipe is longer and at the same slope, it does not make the slope inaccurate or invalid. If you use the difference in inverts at the side of the manhole and then use the lengths of pipe to center of the manhole then you would get a slightly inaccurate slope. C3D is using the length to center and the invert at center so the slope is accurate. Also the pipe run is continuous. Therefore, one does not need to account for gaps. If you need a accurate total pipe length, subtract x lf per structure. Have a number for thru manholes as well as manhole with only 1 invert.

People have come up with equations so that the pipe styles report the lengths they want to see for their design. Also they have used equations to report the inverts they need to see. A Search of this DG used to reveal these threads, I'm not sure if the search engine would find them today.

Dan
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report