Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Shoulder Rollover disabled

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
decurr74
886 Views, 6 Replies

Maximum Shoulder Rollover disabled

In the Superelevation Wizard, I need to assign a 4% maximum shoulder rollover, but the option is disabled.  I've tried different configurations in the Roadway Type and Lanes but none will activate the maximum shoulder rollover option.  What else do I need to enable to get this option to be enabled?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: decurr74

Assuming that you're calculating the shoulder slopes you should be able to set the High side to Default, then turn on the rollover control.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7
decurr74
in reply to: sboon

Yes, that is what I want to do, but those options are disabled.  What do I have to change to get those options enabled?

Message 4 of 7
david.zavislan

Change your High side treatment option from "Match lane slopes" to "Default slopes".  This will enable the maximum shoulder rollover option.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
decurr74
in reply to: david.zavislan

Shoulder slope treatments are also disabled.  How do I enable those?

Message 6 of 7
sboon

The only way that I can get the shoulder treatment to be disabled is if the roadway type is set to one of the Planar options.  When you run through the superelevation wizard make sure that you use a crowned roadway..

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
decurr74
in reply to: sboon

Well, that is how to enable it alright.  Unfortunately, I am not working on a crowned roadway, it is a divided planar.  Hopefully I can trick Civil 3D using a crowned roadway to get the shoulder rollover without it screwing up the planar road that must be used.

Thanks for everyones time.

Perhaps someone from AutoDesk can add this to the long list of fixes for Civil 3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report