Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Volume

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
627 Views, 12 Replies

Material Volume

I have an assembly including two different subassemblies.

So it makes two shapes in the whole assembly.

For example one is asphalt and the other one gravel.

But what I can not do is to make a material list with two materials.

Material list just shows one shape for the whole assembly.

Any suggestions?

Total Volume Table and Material Volume table show the total, not for each shape!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you created 2 separate Materials Lists yet?

One is used for Total Volume & the other for Material Volumes (using the corridor shapes).

What version of c3d are you using?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

I am using 2012.

As I mentioned Creating Material List ->Materials does not give me the option of chosing two shapes and two materials. Så the Total Volume and Material List are the same!  

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Ok!

I realized all subassembly with same shape e.g. "Pave1" are put together as one material.

I used BasicShoulder and BasicLan. Both have got "Pave 1" and in the Material List are shown as one item. I would like these shapes to appear as different item such as "pave 1", "pave2" for each subassembly etc. Is that possible?

I am working with Tailings Dams and these subassemblies are used as cores! 

Message 5 of 13
sboon

No you cannot separate them.  Any subassembly shape with that code gets counted as part of the material.  Your best option may be to edit the assemblies so that each shape code refers to an individual material.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

For LinkMulti I changed value for ShapeCodes for two subassembly to A or B in order to get different materials in material List. So now I have a assembly with two similar subassemblies representing two different materials.

But how do I change Shape Code for BasicLane or BasicShoulder?

Message 7 of 13
Jay_B

If you want to use Material Volumes select another Lane Subassy. which supports Material Volumes.

The help for  the Basic Lane states "Common Uses" for this sub. are: Any road design where there is a constant lane width and no material volumes are needed.

I recommend choosing a sub. appropriate for your design from the "Lanes" tab that supports Pave1 & Pave2.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 13
sboon

You cannot change the codes for those subassemblies.  You've just discovered one of the reasons why most experienced users avoid the subs in the Basic group.  They work fine for training purposes but they're not flexible enough for most real projects.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 13
Jay_B

The 2012 subassembly reference can be found Here.

Also in case your not aware and want to see the available parameters for any stock subassembly, simply hover over the subassembly name on the Subassemblies Tool Palette and hit F1 which will direct you to the help for that particular subassembly.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

I used LinkMulti. It has up to 12 links.

Using 4 links it turns to a closed polyline then to a shape.

Then I can use each shape for a certain material.

That is what I came up with.

Thanks for all replies!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

If I got it right Total Volume Table is connected to the Earthwork and Material Volume Table to Shapes.

But both are calculated by Compute Materials.

The problem is that one does not see any result directly in Compute Materials. It is just the function.

What the tables are showing are really the results of the Compute Materials-function.

It is not so clear at the beginning!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Volume Table is connected to the Earthwork and Material Volume Table to Shapes. But both are calculated by Compute Materials. The problem is that one does not see any result directly in Compute Materials. It is just the function. What the tables are showing are really the results of the Compute Materials-function. It is not so clear at the beginning.

Message 13 of 13
Jay_B

Correct the Compute Materials Dialog Box is only used to create Materials Lists for a given Sample Line Group.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report