Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material volume table

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
drakorosus
627 Views, 4 Replies

material volume table

Not able to generate material volume table for the full corridor surface

I’ve created a corridor with four additional baselines & regions for the intersections to match existing.  After creating the corridor surface assigning material to the subassemblies when try to get material volumes it will only give me the center or main part of the surface on the original baseline. I really could use some help on this matter.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: drakorosus

Have you added all the required surface data to the section sample line group and compute materials?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
drakorosus
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I’ve added  all the data, rebuild subassemblies, corridor and surface but for some reason the sample line would not recognize materials on anything that is not running perpendicular to the main alignment or base line or parallel to the sample lines. I got some quantities by creating sample line groups for every baseline on the corridor and this is a simple one so with complex corridor it would be really time consuming.

Is there a way to sample multiple alignments at the same time?

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

I'm not sure what your corridor looks like but I have one with 14 baseline and I material qty for all of them. Does yours look a network fo roads thats what mine is. I do ignore the returns and grade by hand. I guess that is where you need the extra sample lines. I guess you can look at like ... pay me now or pay me later; once you add the extra sample lines you'll always have the current qty. Trying to look on the birght side <G>

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

It dawned on me: the material computations dont care about the corridor, they look at the corridor surface. no? I recently noticed some section the did not pick up the corridor but do pick up the material

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report