Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material is not completely filling the cross section,

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
JamaL9722060
770 Views, 13 Replies

As the material is computed, the cross section is not filled (attached).

What might be the issue here?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

I had exactly the same issue when using "Solid" fill hatch.  Solution for me was to go Old School and use dense dots.  It was the only thing that would work to create a solid appearance.  

I sent CAD file to support for review and everything appeared fine on their screen - they suggested it might be graphics card, but the print does not work either so something else is going on.

Hint:

If you create a very dense hatch, AutoCAD may reject the hatch and display a message indicating that the hatch scale is too small or its dash length too short. You can change the maximum number of hatch lines by setting the MaxHatch environment variable using (setenv “MaxHatch” “n”) where n is a number between 100 and 10000000 (ten million). 

Hope this helps

Robert

Message 3 of 14

Many thanks for the help Robert,

How about the “C-Road-SCTN” which surrounds the hatch (attached)?

From where this layer is controlled?

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 14

Layer, color, hatch density & hatch style are all controlled by the Style, Use the Display Tab.

Message 5 of 14

Sorry ROBERT but the style of the hatch has nothing to do with the unfilled

Please, have a look on the attached screenshots

I’m not sure how the unfilled area is due to the style of the hatch. If so, which hatch setting should bridge this gap?

Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 14

Sorry, I thought you were asking how to replace the Fill Solid with an alternative.  The response shows that you can replace the Solid with Dots and set the density (Within the Style, Display Tab).

Using a dense "Dots" pattern is the only recommendation that I have which would substitute for Solid.  I've had the same problem, when I switched to Dots the problem was solved.   But, be aware that using dots in this manner will cause the drawing size to significantly increase.

Message 7 of 14

Many thanks ROBERT,

The dwg file is attached. Could you please have a look why part of the cross section is not hatched?

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 8 of 14

I was just online with an Autodesk technician.  I discovered that I don't have service packs installed.  We believe that this is a major contributing factor.  If you dont have up to SP3 installed.  Do this first, then retry.

Service packs can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240698

install them in order 1 thru 3.

I am in the process of doing the same.  Hopefully this will solve this problem for both of us.

Thanks,

Robert

Message 9 of 14

SP2 solved my problem.  I tried to open your file but couldn't.  I'm using 2012 and your objects have already been upgraded to a newer version.

Message 10 of 14

Sorry ROBERT. My version is 2014

I have saved the dwg in 2010 format (attached).

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 11 of 14

Jamal,

Once a C3D drawing has been saved to newer version, all the C3D objects are upgraded.  When that happens, to my knowledge there is no way to save back to a previous version.  Therefore, I wont be able to see your drawing.

Sorry, I don't know how I can help.  Did you check your service packs?  As I said, it resolved my hatch fill problem.

Robert

Message 12 of 14

Thanks Robert,

I switch the cut slope/fill slope and the hatch is expanded on the entire cross section (attached)

Is this relevant?

Jamal Numan
Message 13 of 14

Looks like you got it.  Fill hatch fills section completely.  

Message 14 of 14

Thanks ROBERT

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report