Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matchline labels and viewports in C3D

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
barnes138
2144 Views, 9 Replies

Matchline labels and viewports in C3D

Does anyone have any experience using matchline labels in multiple viewports using the previous and next sheet formulas?  Is there a way to use logic to tell it to use previous sheet if at the beginning of sheet and next sheet if at the end of sheet.  Otherwise this previous/next sheet concept does not work.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: barnes138

Why don't you use the Plan Production tools.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 10
barnes138
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

That is exactly how I generated them.  The issue is that there is one matchline that seperates two sheets.  There is no way to tell it to say "next sheet #" for the right side of the viewport or "previous sheet #" for the preceeding sheet on the left side of the viewport.

Message 4 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Sure there is, take a look at the Match Line label styles.  I've attached a dwg.  I hope I'm understanding what you're looking for.  When you setup the VFG, there's a place to specify which label style you want, and where to place them.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 5 of 10
sjg
Advisor

If you look at the image, you have to create a label style for the left and right of the matchline.  The left would display the next sheet info and the right display previous sheet info.  You specify next and previous sheet is the label composer.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 6 of 10
barnes138
in reply to: sjg

I have been there and done that.  I think I am supposed to use the background mask function of the matchline style which will hide everything outside of the current sheet.  However this function only works when in the sheet set drawing the viewport window is set to plan.  This is fine, but not all of the labels on the matchline appear when the view port is set this way.  Switching the viewport to undefined fixes the label issue but removes the mask.  I assume that the program is trying to turn off the proper portions of labeling and not the ones that are being turned off.  This way you dont need background mask.

Message 7 of 10
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

What version of Civil 3D are you using?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 8 of 10
barnes138
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

C3D 2011

Message 9 of 10
sjg
Advisor

Could you post a screen shot?

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 10 of 10
barnes138
in reply to: sjg

I actually figured it out.  The left matchline label refers to the actual left matchline not the left side of the matchline and same goes for the right side.  My fault...is it Friday?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report