Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Prop in 2013

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
csevers
2500 Views, 13 Replies

Match Prop in 2013

I just started a job in which we are required to use C3d 2013. I've noticed a number of minor changes, none that I mind that much.

The one complaint is I can't find where they hid the match properties button in 2013. It used to be up there on the home tab in the modify panel, but I can't find it anywhere now. I know I could use the command matchprop, however this was really the only ribbon buttons I used for drafting (matchprop takes longer to type then clicking the button). Please don't tell me it's gone, I'll be heartbroken, why fix something that ain't broken! 

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Jay_B
in reply to: csevers

It's still there on the "clipboard" panel on Home Tab of ribbon.

Is your clipboard panel toggled off?

clip.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 14
troma
in reply to: Jay_B

It's misleading of AutoDesk to put it on the Clipboard panel, since (correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK) it doesn't do anything with the Windows clipboard at all.
I use keyboard shortcuts extensively (I use MM for MATCHPROP) so I don't even notice when they change the icons or move them around.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 14
Jay_B
in reply to: troma

Agreed it's not the most logical place to put it, 2012 has on both the Modify and the clipboard panels.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 14
csevers

I typically use commands as well, I just didn't like typing matchprop, and the button was so huge and right there it was very convenient. Thanks though, I think I'll use mm from now on, never knew about that abbreviation.

My clipboard icon is still there. I use that somewhat frequently, I just didn't think to check there. I checked in the modify tools and draw tools. I use the clipboard buttons sometimes because I've found that the right-click and paste to original coordinates command is bugged, and only works about 1/2 the time, the ribbon button command always works though.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 6 of 14
troma

I don't think MM is a regular abbreviation, it's one that I set up for myself.
I believe MA is the abbreviation by default, test that one out.
If you want to get into setting up your own abbreviations you can do it by adding them to the bottom of your acad.pgp file. I have about 20 or 30 in there.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 14
DaveM

If you click on the Purple A in the top left corner, you will notice a search bar near the top. If you type what command you are looking for it shows you the location on the ribbon. See Pic for example. I do not know how people attach the pictures directly.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 8 of 14
Jay_B
in reply to: DaveM

Here.

Capture.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 14
DaveM
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks!!!

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 10 of 14
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

Example

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 11 of 14
Joe-Bouza

FYI: "ma" is the default keyboard shortcut for MATCHPROPERTIES. If you think thats annoying have you looked at or tried to undo anything in 2013 and found a problem there?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 12 of 14
losfotos
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I had no idea they moved the match properties button. But I've had a shortcut for so many years I had no idea where it even was in the toolbar. Or that it was even in the toolbar...

I love how undo doesn't undo many things, no matter how far back you go. It's 'frustrating'...

Carl Simpson
C3D 2015 & 2016
Message 13 of 14
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: losfotos

look at the undo pull down on the ribbon after one command and a pan zoom. you will be shocked
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 14 of 14
BrianHailey

I would recommend just adding it to your Quick Access Toolbar:

You can add just about any command there (even ones not in the list). Just right click on the command and choose "Add to Quick Access Toolbar". For example, I like to add in the Layers Properties Pulldown:

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report