Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastering Civil 3d Grading errata

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
annw2
163 Views, 1 Reply

Mastering Civil 3d Grading errata

Running through the 2008 tutorials & finding the following:

I got lost on page 575 step 25 as I wasn't sure what point to pick for the "southwest corner of the pond bottom." Please add another figure on next go around.

p 583 step 14 I'm pretty sure should read "Distance" instead of slope to match Figure 16.23. I think someone else mentioned this here, but couldn't find with a search group.

I got lost for a moment with the first grading on p 585 as I clicked inside instead of outside of pond bottom. Locked up computer. I almost always have to start on OUTSIDE of pond & grade to inside. You must have some wide open sites to be able to start at inside & work out.

I have also locked up at 47% twice now on step 20 on page 586 - grading the flat ledge. I will try again when SA gets 2009 installed on new computer instead of old one.

Trying to look forward to how you are supposed to combine the initial low flow channel into the final grading surface for the pond. That is the part where I have the most trouble trying to figure out how this all fits together. Is this expanded in new version?

I am also not understanding how the grading objects in the same site interact. I don't understand when to keep them in the same site & when to put them in different ones. Can you expand please?
Ann Wingert, P.E.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jwedding
in reply to: annw2

annw2,
You can send questions and errata inquiries on the Mastering text to
mastering@eng-eff and we'll do our best to respond. Please make sure
you've visited civil3d.com/errata as well.

Just so you're not disappointed, 2009 is already at the printer, so we
can't address any changes at this point. If you'll send to the address
above though, we do read those as we head into the next release.

Thanks.
--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
The Site: www.eng-eff.com
The Blog: www.civil3d.com
The Book: www.masteringcivil3d.com
C3D 08SP2/09 Mac Book Pro, XP SP2, 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report