Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask alignment but not Sta/Off text?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
deltacoolguy
302 Views, 2 Replies

Mask alignment but not Sta/Off text?

Is there a way to mask alignment linework but keep the full Station text visible?

I have a water line alignment that traces existing water line, then relocated (new) water line, then some more existing water line where it ties back in.  I do not want the new alignment linework to show the entire length, because the existing line has it's own already existing linework.  That is already taken care of with masking.  So far, so good.  I do, however, want the Station text to show for both, and the masking eliminated that as well.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: deltacoolguy

A screen capture or more details re: how this masking is being applied would be helpful.

Are you using alignment masking in alignment properties or?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
Mark_Castle
in reply to: Jay_B

I see what you're trying to do, but I think you're going to have to have separate alignments for the existing and new, each with their own station labels. The starting station value for one would be set to the ending station value for the previous. It would be cool if you could keep the stationing for masked regions or apply different styles to each region, but I don't think you can.
Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report