Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marker Style Bug

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Cadguru42
304 Views, 3 Replies

Marker Style Bug

I believe I've found a bug with marker styles. I found this while editing a profile style. Under my profile style I have the Point of Vertical Intersection set to PI Point for the marker style. 

profile_style_screenshot.png

Here is the screenshot of the marker style for the plan view.

marker_style_plan.png

Here is the screenshot of the marker style for the profile view with part of my profile shown next to it. Notice how the marker color is different in the profile than what it's set to. It's also not changing layers. It seems that the profile setting for the marker style display doesn't actually work. It takes the settings for the plan view and ignores the profile display style. 

marker_style_profile.png

Anyone else have this problem?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Cadguru42

Oddly, a Profile is treated as a plan view object.

If you assign the same PI Point marker style to a feature line's style (see the Profile tab of the Feature Line Style editor then assign the color and layer settings for the different view directions) it works as you would expect.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: tcorey

@tcorey wrote:

Oddly, a Profile is treated as a plan view object.

If you assign the same PI Point marker style to a feature line's style (see the Profile tab of the Feature Line Style editor then assign the color and layer settings for the different view directions) it works as you would expect.

Best regards,

Tim

So I guess it's not a bug but a normal oddity of C3D? I wonder if it has to do with an alignment and profile being seperate 2d entities instead of a 3d polyline like a feature line? It just seems stupid to have a display setting for a profile display of an object that doesn't work on an actual profile. 

I guess I'll just copy the PI Marker style and create a VPI marker style with slightly different settings. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Cadguru42

That sounds like a reasonable workaround.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report