Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marked Points and Connections to Them

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pireland
919 Views, 4 Replies

Marked Points and Connections to Them

Hi! I am having troubles creating a depressed median assembly and I am unsure what is happening. From my median control point, I am establishing my inner lane edge points, and then pavement and inner shoulder edges. I am using MarkPoint to mark the right shoulder edge and using the left shoulder edge as my attachment point for the LinkSlopesBetweenPoints sub-assembly to insert the median ditch. What I get (labelled Layout Mode" is as per the attachment. I get exactly the same thing any time I try to use LinkToMarkedPoint, as well.

Help says something enigmatic about assemblies being in Layout mode if there is no corridor yet. I therefore create a corridor specifying alignment profile and this assembly before continuing and all is fine until I attempt to use one of these link functions. At this point I get an orange exclamation point beside my corridor in Prospector, along with this all-too-familiar result.

Can anyone explain to me what is happening here?

TIA!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pireland

1. It's gonna lok like that in Layout mode forever. Can't get past that.
2. If it's not working in your corridor it's probably that you defined the
link to marked point first and then the marked point after. Edit the
assembly properties and move the marked point up above the link to marked
point, or in this case, the median.

Matt
Message 3 of 5
pireland

Thanks Matt,

I think that part of my confusion has been coming from equating "Layout Mode" to "Paper Space". I was also expecting to see the median ditch drawn, as evidence of a successful sub-assembly insertion. If it is "gonna look like that in Layout mode forever" I'm just going to have to get used to that concept... 🙂

As for it not working in my corridor, I am nowhere near ready yet to make that determination, as I have gotten only to this point in creating my assembly. I created the corridor selecting the assembly baseline, in the hopes that this might change something with regard to median ditch visibility, but it didn't.

I then became completel;y confused when I reverted to building the ditch using first LinkWidthAndSlope (that worked) and then LinkToMarkedPoint. The latter gave bme the exact same result as I got earlier with LinkSlopeBetweenPoints.

I will soldier on then and complete the assembly construction, assuming that this will work. Hopefully I am not still missing something here!

Peter
Message 4 of 5
pireland

One further observation is that the second I apply one of these "link to marked point" sub-assemblies, I get an orange exclamation beside my corridor in Prospector. Nothing appears out of the ordinary (from what I can tell) in the corridor properties, however.
Message 5 of 5
tbeer
in reply to: Anonymous

i am trying to use the link slopes between points to connect 2 parralel alignments and i dont know how to set the code properly or to link it to the second alignment nothing registers have no clue how to set these marked point assenblies i need help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report