Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping / Workflow question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rwhitlock1
2099 Views, 5 Replies

Mapping / Workflow question

Need advise.

I have a surveyor supplied topo/bndy basemap. His deliverable totaled 15 sheets for the site coverage at 30' scale (C3D 2012). I can use his plans for 50' scale mappings without a problem. However, the surveyor prepared his mapping with associative text scaling for contour text, etc. 

I need a 300' scale overall drainage area mapping which means the PS scaling is causing me problems. His text is way too big when I plot at 300' scale.

Any thoughts?  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.mckenzie
in reply to: rwhitlock1

The text must be going to a layer. Copy all the text to a new layer. use an associative scale (but smaller) text style.

use the layer that works best for the moment and freeze the other.

Fix the new technology issue with an old school solution.

Message 3 of 6

Or you could make sure that annoscale 300 is used on only some of the text, thus cleaning things up a bit.

Message 4 of 6
john.mckenzie

If the annotative scale thing carries through everything text related in the base map, you are going to need to probably take the second approach and determine exactly what level of detail needs to apply at 300 scale and pare the info down a bit. this may be the best choice and let the 50 scale dwgs show more detail while the 300 scale represents a skimpier overall view.

Because in reality a 300 scale drawing is not going to be used for detailed design.

Message 5 of 6

The key to the second approach is to turn off automatically add annotation scales to text feature. then pick all text and pare it down to the scales you want them to appear at. A little work that will clean up things quite a bit.

Message 6 of 6
rwhitlock1

Thanks so much, John. I'm going to try practical examples of both your suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report