Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIINSERT Not Working in Civil 3d 2009

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
kmedeiros1
2238 Views, 14 Replies

MAPIINSERT Not Working in Civil 3d 2009

I can not figure out why my MAPIINSERT is not working in 2009 Civil 3d, it isn't the program I am extracting the image from becuase it works in 2010 Civil 3d.  To clarify, its not inserting in the right coordinate, it is 0,0,0 for x,y,z, if i insert it to my 2010 version and copy, paste to original coordinates in 2009 it shows up.  It has to be a setting I am not seeing in 2009. 

an error message opens up before it shows the Image Correlation Menu:

Cannot Open Frame

File: .\AcMapCoordinateTransform.cpp

Date: Feb 3 2009

Line: 221

eUnknownError

Line: 163

eUnknownError

Line: 1072

Please help and thank you.

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
kmedeiros1
in reply to: kmedeiros1

ANYONE?
Message 3 of 15
antoniovinci

PLease share that imagery with us, sir.

Message 4 of 15
kmedeiros1
in reply to: antoniovinci

MAPIINSERT.jpg

Message 5 of 15
kmedeiros1

After I click "retry" this shows up with coordinates not located, instead it has it at 0,0,0

MAPIINSERT2.jpg

Message 6 of 15

check out this post in this forum

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/MAPIINSERT-crashes-Civil-3D/m-p/2585442/highl...

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 7 of 15

Nope that is not the same issue I am having, I tried to disable the 3gb, but the command prompt says the file is already deleted.  I dont think it has to do with my computer system, It has to be a setting in options or something in Autocad, it works for 2010, just not 2009.  I just dont know where to look.

Message 8 of 15
jmayo-EE

Have you installed all of the 2009 service packs? If not do so and try again.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
KirkNoonan

Is the 'Modify Correlation' box unchecked? Also, the correlation source should probably be set to world file instead of image default.

Message 10 of 15
kmedeiros1
in reply to: KirkNoonan

correlation box is checked

Message 11 of 15
kmedeiros1

I found a workaround online, but its a lot of steps:

type 'mapwspace' select on

right click data

select connect to data
select connect to raster image and....

find the image and connect.

a lot of steps, but it works.  I would still like to find out why it works on a co-worker's computer (that is identical, just 4-6 months older), but not mine.  we've compaired Map>Image>Options and everything was the same

Message 12 of 15
jon_b

I remember this being a real pain in 2009, possibly having something to do with AutoCAD being 64-bit but both Map 3D and Civil 3D being 32-bit.  Are you and the coworker that can use MAPIINSERT both using the same operating system (eg. XP 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit)?

Your workaround is using Map 3D's connectivity to attach the images which is different from the AutoCAD-based MAPIINSERT method, but if you are getting your desired output it may not be of concern.

Message 13 of 15
KirkNoonan

The 'Modify Correlation' box should be unchecked. Checking it gives you the option of modifying the basepoint.

Does the 2009 machine have access to the world file? It Depending on the image format, it probably has the same name as the image but with a .sdw, .tfw, etc. extension. You can open the world file with a text editior and see what the basepoint of the image should be.

Message 14 of 15
kmedeiros1
in reply to: KirkNoonan

We use the same OS Windows 7 64bit

Correlation box unchecked anddddd............... IT WORKED! wow so simple.   I'm still getting the error messages, but instead of clicking retry (which fatal errors) I just click ignore and the image shows up in the right spot. Like I said I still get the error messages and for some reason the menu box that shows where the coordinates are, that you click ok at, doesnt show up, but the image is in the right place. 

I guess it takes a Kirk to teach a Kirk.

Thank you all for the help

Message 15 of 15
KirkNoonan

Great minds are named alike Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report