Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPEXPORT and the Extended Data Notes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
asjanke
1421 Views, 3 Replies

MAPEXPORT and the Extended Data Notes

I have looked around for this a bit and not been able to find anything so I will toss this out so see if anybody knows.

When using the MAPEXPORT option to create a *.shp file we are given an option to select attributes of our objects on the data tab.  many of the comon attibutes are in there but as far as I can tell there is no customizable attributes.  Of course these can be handy when labeling things once in a GIS program.

The one field that would be nice to be able to select is the Notes field in the extended data tab of the properties box.

So does anybody have any idea how we can map that source field in the data tab?

Currently running 2012 civil 3d

Thanks,

Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: asjanke

The map export will only work with Map objects Object Data or vanilla objects/properties. you might be ale to write a lisp to copy the extended data to Object data then export.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
Alex.Strittmatter
in reply to: asjanke

I was wondering the same thing. I am trying to add attributes to a line within a huge a drawing and am not having any luck. It seems like you can only have attributes to blocks or a single data point. Is that true? And do you happen to know how to add attributes to a single line other than in the notes?

Message 4 of 4

@Alex.Strittmatter wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I am trying to add attributes to a line within a huge a drawing and am not having any luck. It seems like you can only have attributes to blocks or a single data point. Is that true? And do you happen to know how to add attributes to a single line other than in the notes?

You can create Object Data and then attch that to the lines. Use the  _adedefdata coomand and click on the HELP button to learn about it. 

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/MAP3D-Use/files/GUID-8876E9B9-3CFA-44CA-AF47-53211154441...

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report