Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPDIST Command

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jleavitt
171 Views, 2 Replies

MAPDIST Command

I'm able to use the MAPDIST command to list the geodetic length of a line and the both of the azimuths, but how can I access the values of what's listed on my text screen.  I want to send that output to an external file, but I can't find out where those values are located, or even if they're stored anywhere.

Thank you,

J Edward Leavitt, PLS

Land Surveyor

U. S. Bureau of Land Management

California State Office

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: jleavitt

Use F2 key and bring up the Text Window.

Highlight the text in the Text Window that you want to save, copy (Ctrl-C) and paste into Notepad (Ctrl-V).

Bill

Message 3 of 3
jleavitt
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for your reply.

I've been using that solution, but I find that there's too much manual interaction to suit my purposes.  I need to calculate the geodetic mean bearing and send that result and the geodetic distance to a text file in a specific format so that I can incluse the data in a least squares adjustment.  I have quite a few (about 80) of these lines in this project alone and I'm looking to streamline the process. 

Listing the information is a nice feature to have, but Autodesk should have provided a way to manipulate it.

Again, thanks for your input.

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report