Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapConnect to MapInfo TAB files (using 2015)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
autoMick
489 Views, 4 Replies

MapConnect to MapInfo TAB files (using 2015)

As explained in this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/mapconnect-to-mapinfo-using-2013/td-p/3644302... we use Mapinfo for our GIS. I used to be able to FDO connect to the mapinfo TAB files using Civil3D 2013 and 2014.

I've since upgraded to IDSP 2015 and trying to do the same thing again, the trouble is that although C3D is working just fine, I cannot for the life of me find where the 2015 equivalent of C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\bin\FDO is to copy across the dll files etc. Has anyone run into this situation? My installation of 2015 is side by side 2014 using the default directory settings.

The latest download for the provider files is at http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/fdo-380-downloads

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: autoMick

@autoMick wrote:
I've since upgraded to IDSP 2015 and trying to do the same thing again, the trouble is that although C3D is working just fine, I cannot for the life of me find where the 2015 equivalent of C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\bin\FDO is to copy across the dll files etc.

Mick,

As your finding, the installation for 2015 is completely different than past releases. Most items are now located under the .....\AutoCad 2015\... folder for Civil 3d.

I think the folder your after should be located here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Map\bin\FDO\

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
autoMick
in reply to: Jay_B

Thankyou Jay. Spot on. That works as it should. I would never have found that in a million years.

Regards

- Mick

Message 4 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: autoMick

The 2015 fdo folder which is located here C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Map\bin\FDO

The FDO provider versions in the providers.xml file are 3.9.0, so the 3.8.0 versions may will not work.

After checking out the http://fdo.osgeo.org site, there does not seem to be a 3.9.0 version released as yet.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 5
autoMick
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thanks Andrew for this and your PM. Much appreciated.

Regards

- Mick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report