Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapcheck analysis

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
theroyster
842 Views, 8 Replies

Mapcheck analysis

In the mapcheck analysis report, the DELTA for the curves only displays in decimals, I need it to be in 00°'00'00" for the client. I have changed all the setting that I can find and the analysis report will not change.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Sinc
in reply to: theroyster

Try starting up the LandXML Reporting Utility (separate program that should have been installed along with C3D, and should be in your Start Menu -> All Programs). That should let you edit the options that are not visible from within C3D.

-- Sinc

http://www.ejsurveying.com

http://www.quuxsoft.com
Sinc
Message 3 of 9
emerdoodle
in reply to: Sinc

I have had the same preferences as this poster.  I review maps that always have DD-mm-ss and having to convert those deltas to decimal is just a pain.  I have looked in my all programs in the autodesk folder and there is no LandXML Reporting utility.  Now what?

Message 4 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: emerdoodle

Message 5 of 9
emerdoodle

Thanks for the help.  I got to the LandXML stuff, but it really isn't going to help me.  When I run a review on someone's work, I am only looking at a paper copy, not a file.  So, I am manually entering everything into the Mapcheck Analysis vista, copying the output to clipboard and printing it from notpad.  I don't care about holding on to a dwg file of it or anything, I just need a paper copy of the report for my review files.

Thanks for your help anyway. 

Message 6 of 9
BrianHailey
in reply to: emerdoodle

@emerdoodle wrote:

I have had the same preferences as this poster.  I review maps that always have DD-mm-ss and having to convert those deltas to decimal is just a pain.  I have looked in my all programs in the autodesk folder and there is no LandXML Reporting utility.  Now what?

What tool exactly are you using? The original post was about creating a mapcheck report on linework that's in the drawing, not from a written legal. Are you drawing the linework and then doing a mapcheck on it? Or are you using the Mapcheck tools in the survey pulldown on the analysis tab?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 9
emerdoodle

I am using the Mapcheck Analysis.  I am in a position that reviews survey maps and subdivision plats before they get approved for recording.  I usually just open the Mapcheck vista and turn off the command line entry.  Then I can take the bearings/dists. and type them into the vista to run a closure on them.  Then I copy the output to clipboard and dump in notepad to print.  As long as it closes, I don't care about it anymore.  The closure report gets filed with the rest of the review paperwork.  There are a couple of things though that irritate me about mapcheck analysis, one is the decimal delta, another is that in C3D2012 you could use the tab button to move to the next field, but apparently that doesn't work anymore, so I have to screen click to get to the next field.  One other thing is that sometimes, when I seem to be working with smaller curves (Radius 60' or smaller) sometimes it doesn't calc it right.  I will have to enter other curve info (delta, chord bearing, arc dist/chord dist)  because it seems to not be able to calc a smaller radius the right way. 

Why, is there a better/easier way to do what it is I'm trying to do? 

Message 8 of 9
IanMcClain

Right click the drawing name in the settings tab -> go to the Ambient Settings tab -> change the units for angle and direction as needed (see attached).  This should fix your reports. You may want to make this change to your template file so you don't have to change it all the time.

Ian McClain
Message 9 of 9
emerdoodle

I don't know why that was never changed before.  Directions were DMS but angles were decimal.  Thanks for the help.  Now, if I could just get the tab button to work in there...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report