Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Import/Export Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
andram-teco
865 Views, 5 Replies

Map Import/Export Error

I keep receiving the following error:

"Module AcMapImpExpUI.exp cannot load module AcMapImpExp.arx. The module may be missing, or another component upon which it depends may not be configured correctly."

I've looked at other threads with the same problem and tried their solutions which included repair/reinstall/complete uninstall/reinstall -- multiple times. I've also updated my graphics drivers and C++ Redistributors. Each one gave me the same results.

Any other ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
civilspace
in reply to: andram-teco

What version are you running and what's your OS?  I saw this while trying 2007- 2009 on a 64-bit machine.

Regards,
Anthony
Message 3 of 6
andram-teco

I suppose that information would be helpful.

Civil3D 2011 64bit running on Windows 7 64bit Professional.

Message 4 of 6
andram-teco

More information that may help:

I checked my Event Viewer and it recorded the following each time I tried Map Import:

"Faulting application name: WSCommCntr2.exe, version: 3.2.19.0, time stamp: 0x4ce49d13
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7b325
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004c8f4
Faulting process id: 0xfc4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbde94908ce3b1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\WSCommCntr\lib\WSCommCntr2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: ce98a5ba-4a87-11e0-82d7-0017a4f3610d"

Message 5 of 6
andram-teco

Finally came up with a solution:

Not only did I uninstall AutoCAD, but I removed every file and folder associated with it. I believe the problem was a corrupted or missing file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared folder.

The previous uninstall/reinstall I did with the same resulting error, I neglected to remove that folder. This time I removed the folder along with all the others, reinstalled, and the error is no more.

Message 6 of 6
witster23

I was having this same problem with Civil 3D 2011.  I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times before I found this thread, to no avail.  I read this thread and did the uninstall and then deleted every Autodesk folder I could find and reinstalled.  It's working so far.

Thanks!

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report