Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3d commands

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
danth
711 Views, 15 Replies

Map 3d commands

Does anyone know what Map 3d features are not included with C3D 2014?

Civil 3d help provides instructions but with this disclaimer,

“Please note that not all of the AutoCAD Map 3D functionality is included in AutoCAD Civil 3D."

Specifically looking at

Exporting Maps to AutoCAD

I need to maintain blocks

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
AllenJessup
in reply to: danth

If you're talking about exporting a drawing with an FDO connection to a static DWG. I know that it can be done. I don't ever remember dealing with blocks. Do you have a mixed drawing with an FDO connection and individual blocks? You might try WBlocking the blocks to a new drawing then saving the FDO data to AutoCAD.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
danth
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I need to do: http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesMAPC3D/GUID-C7148DC1-4888-436A-9D4C-039C...

See note at bottom of web page. I believe I need the wizard to export styled points (using blocks) to be included in the

drawing as blocks. Using "Save Current Map to AutoCAD" or "MapToACAD".

The only prompt given is "Select a method for converting line style thickness  [Lineweight/Polylinewidth]"

The drawing does export but blocks are all exploded.

Message 4 of 16
AllenJessup

It looks like it would be possible using THIS method. As I said. I haven't done it with blocks myself. From what I read. It looks like clicking on Tools in the Task Pane gives you different options than MapToACAD.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
danth

Are you using Map or Civil 3D?

In civil 3d that's not even a option in tools.

Message 6 of 16
AllenJessup

Civil 3D. OK the help file is WRONG. It's Maps not Tools. They moved it but didn't update help. However I don't get a Wizard. So I don't know if this will be any better. You might want to start a Support Request on this.

rcm.png

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
danth

I know I've tried that too. Just wonder if it works in MAP but not MAP in Civil 3d.

Anyone using just MAP getting this to work?

Message 8 of 16
Murph_Map

@danth wrote:

I know I've tried that too. Just wonder if it works in MAP but not MAP in Civil 3d.

Anyone using just MAP getting this to work?

Yes in Map3d you get the dialog, in Civil3D you DO NOT get the dialog box.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 9 of 16
AllenJessup
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi Murph,

Have you ever put together a list of the Map commands that are disabled or modified by Civil 3D. I have someone in Supports ear about this subject at the moment.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 10 of 16
Murph_Map

Allen,

No I haven't. I'm not using C3D that much to do anything other than test issues I heard about. I do remember that at the summit in SF in May that Jeff Sanders didn't think there were any other than the map3d commaands that Civ3D had better commands for. I did email Jessica (from the round table) an example that I found with the display manager and map tools/map queries. Never heard back on it.

Murph
Message 11 of 16
AllenJessup

Thanks Murph. I may take on the task.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 12 of 16
AllenJessup

Thanks Murph. Maybe I'll try to put something together.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 16
Murph_Map

@AllenJessup wrote:

Thanks Murph. Maybe I'll try to put something together.

Allen

I heard ya the first time. 🙂

It's kinda of slow this time of the year at the shop so I may take the laptop in and see what I can find as well.

Murph
Message 14 of 16
AllenJessup

I'll have to send that one to my family to be used at the inevitable competency hearing. Smiley Surprised

This is what I have so far. I'm sure I'll find a lot more with a little experimentation. Basically any Map command that creates or inquires about cogo will be disabled or modified.

MAP COMMANDS IN CIVIL 3D

Do Not Work

MAPCGLIST

MAPCGCDIST

MAPCGSETUP

MAPCGAZBASE

Do Not Work as would in Map 3D

MAPTOACAD                     No export Wizard in Civil 3D

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 15 of 16

Hi,

in addition: all TB* commands (previously TB for TopoBase, now included in base Map3D, but not in C3D).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 16 of 16

Hi Alfred,

You're correct. Topobase isn't included in Civil 3D. What I'm looking for however are commands that appear in the Map Help portion of the help files shipped with Civil 3D. These also appear in the Autocomplete function. So if you start typing them. They will appear in the Autocomplete list. But when selected yield Unknown Command.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report