Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Data entry

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
ace98989
567 Views, 14 Replies

Manual Data entry

I know that this might be a bit late in the technology world, where I work only just recently transferred over to the AutoCad Civil 3d, and we are having alot of trouble with it. Is there any way to manually enter data or does everything have to be imported from a file? thank you very much.... if there is already a link the fixes my problem I am sorry for reposting and I missed it, ill keep searching. thanks again.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mathewkol
in reply to: ace98989

What kind of data?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 15
ace98989
in reply to: mathewkol

field data...

Message 4 of 15
mathewkol

Nearly aAnything can be created manually in Civil 3D.  Points (field data) is no exception.  Home tab, Create ground data panel, points.  There are lots of ways to create points.

Matt Kolberg
Message 5 of 15
ace98989

Ok, then I go to the home tab and go to the drop down menu create ground data, three things pop up, create point cloud, survey data collection link, and create ground data. However the create ground data option on the drop down menu is only a pinnable icon to keep the menu open... and neither of the two options that I saw allowed me to enter data manually, they want either a data collecter or a database import, which is not what we want. 

What we are looking for is pretty much a field book table with five or so columns, similair to what was availabe from AutoCad 2007.

By the way thanks for your help so far. 

Message 6 of 15
mathewkol

Look up 2 button to be able to add points manually.

1.PNG

Matt Kolberg
Message 7 of 15
ace98989

Ok from, I go to the create data - miscellaneous, then go to "manual".... but then where do I enter the data to create the points?

Message 8 of 15
wfberry

On the screen.

Bill

Message 9 of 15
wfberry

Also when you click on the manual button follow the prompts on the command line.

Bill

Message 10 of 15
ace98989
in reply to: wfberry

Ok so the command prompts is the only way to add points? thats is the only thing that I see on screen with which I can add points with. The point creation pallete wont let me write on it anywhere.

Message 11 of 15
wfberry

What would you say if you could write on it?

Seriously now, there are quite a few ways to add points.  May I suggest you go to the help screen top right of your screen and select Tutorials.  Do ALL of those tutorials, particulary those concerning points.  You should find some help here.

Bill

Message 12 of 15
KirkNoonan
in reply to: wfberry

People here are extremely kind. In the rest of the IT world it is aka - RTFM

Message 13 of 15
wfberry
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 15
OMCUSNR

@ace98989 wrote:

field data...

Hmmm,

There is a difference in C3d between cogo points and survey points.  If you manually enter "field data" you'll get cogo points.  If you import your field book, you'll get sruvey points.  Just curious, what format is your field data in?  N,E,Z,D? Turned angles?  Bearings & distances?

The tutorials are always a good place to start, but, with C3d, a VERY cost effective way to get up to speed is to pay for instruction.  It truely will save a huge amount of time & frustration by taking a 2 or 3 day training session.

I speak from experience, not from trying to sell training.

Reid

OH, BTW, if you're a surveyor trying to use C3d, might I plug Sinc's Sincpac addin?   http://www.quuxsoft.com/  I have no vested interest in it, it just has a bunch of routines that make a surveyor's life in C3d a whole lot easier.    

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 15 of 15
david.zavislan

Manually entering survey data can be done through the Survey Command Window.  This command is available by right-clicking on a survey database network.  The database must be opened for editing.

SurveyCommandWindow1.jpg

Data is entered using the same survey command language that is used in field book files.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report