Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MANIPULATING POINTS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikerobe100
312 Views, 3 Replies

MANIPULATING POINTS

I have a background in LDD. It was very easy to move and rotate my points/nodes. Im trying to do the same thing in c3d 2012. i have a group of points that I need to move and then rotate. how can I do this easily? i do not completely understand the prospector/survey tabs? is there a good tutorial somewhere? this transition from 2006 to 2012 is making my brain hurt.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: mikerobe100

How do you want to select the points? Is it easy to select on the screen or do you want to pick a Point Group?

If you're going to pick on the screen, just use the regular AutoCAD Move and Rotate commands. If the Poitns aren't locked they will move like any other object.

If you have a Point Group you want to move, go to the Prospector tab, right click on the name of the Point Group and pick Select. That will select them on the screen. Now use Move or Rotate as needed.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
nmessina

What type of points are you talking about? Are they simple COGO Points or are they SURVEY POINTS from a Survey Database (i.e. Data Collector)?

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
Message 4 of 4
g_k50

rotating a network of points to a known bearing or asimuth from an assumed one can be accomplished on the Survey tab of Toolspace

Right click the database that needs translation

Select the Translate Survey Database, you can select the base point, rotation angle, destination point

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report