Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manhole Tee / Pipe Tee

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sirjoelsph
577 Views, 4 Replies

Manhole Tee / Pipe Tee

Has anyone had any luck either creating an actual Part Builder part or tricking the system in some way to mock a Manhole Tee as shown in the attachment?  I have a large road and storm sewer job that we are using these Tees both in round pipe and elliptical pipe instead of large structures to save cost.  Just wondering how most people are handling this type of design.

Thanks,

Civil 3D 2014 SP2
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7-4820 @ 3.70GHz
12.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2000

-JOEL
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Paert Builder is not my ballywick.

I'm curious why a manhole and 60 inch pile doesn't cut it for you? Are you trying to get it to look actual in profile? Civil3d, in my experience cant even get rectangle right.

Message 3 of 5

I know Civil 3D already has profile view issues and I'm able to work around most of those for now.  I'm mostly interested in this for quantity purposes and just plain accuracy.  Right now I just use a manhole structure with the same internal diameter and wall thicknesses as the pipe and it looks pretty good.  I'm just alwasy on the look-out for bigger and better.

-JOEL
Message 4 of 5
jimsoehner
in reply to: sirjoelsph

The State of Wisconsin DOT uses Manhole Tees.  They have a Parts list that can be downloaded.  I have never used one, but there other parts work great. 

The DOT parts list can be down loaded here.

http://www.dot.state.wi.us/business/engrserv/roadway-design-civil3d.htm

Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 5
sirjoelsph
in reply to: jimsoehner

I took a quick look at all of the WisDOT Pipes and Structures and the Manhole Tee Structure looks very effective.  Thank you.  They also have very interesting headwall and apron structures.

I would still like to see how other people are building these types of custom structures, so if anyone else knows of any other implementations, please keep posting.

Thank you,

-JOEL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report