Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manhole symbols in profile view

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
martin888888
2689 Views, 19 Replies

Manhole symbols in profile view

I have a pipe network drawn in profile view and I can not get the manholes to change with the required sump elevations needed.  I can go into structure properties and change the sump elevation and the symbol does not change to represent the new sump elevation.  It is almost like there is a lock on it.  Anyone ever had this happen?   And it does not have to do with the strucure properties (min conic section, etc) as I can change it to a 25' sump and it wont change.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
doni49
in reply to: martin888888

After you change the elevation, look at the profile and notice that it didn't update in the profile, did you go back to the structure properties?  Did the elevation actually change but just didn't get updated in the profile?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 20
martin888888
in reply to: doni49

yea, the sump elevation says 208 while the manhole is still drawn at 201.  I also cant change the pipe sizes.  It is almost liked the graphics are locked.

Message 4 of 20
doni49

What version are you using?

It sounds like the manhole has lost its dynamic link.  I don't have a lot of experience with pipe networks as we don't do much drainage work on my job.  But I'll try it on my computer tomorrow (I'm out of the office today).

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 20
martin888888

Thanks.  2013.  Thats my problem, I dont use the pipe module that much.  When I do use it it is manily for grading. 

Attached is a screen shot. 

Message 6 of 20
doni49

I'm using C3D 2012 here and I placed a pipe network, showed it in my profile.  Then I changed the sump depth on one of the manholes and it did update on my profile.  I can also pick the manhole in the profile and use the grips to change the elevation.

I'll post it for you -- maybe you can see something different between yours and mine.

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 20
martin888888

thanks, really appreicate you doing that.....grips dont work either, almost like it is locked.   Going to create it again and see if it works.

Message 8 of 20
doni49

What version do you have?  (the full version including SP#).

Here's what it looks like on my 2012 (Help>About AutoCAD Civil 3D).

C3DAboutBox.png

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 20
Jeff_M

Can you post your drawing? I can edit sumps in 2013 without a problem, so I'm thinking it's drawing specific.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 20
martin888888
in reply to: Jeff_M

attached is a screenshot - I was going to try to recreate it today, sounds like it is an issue in my drawing

Message 11 of 20
martin888888

attached is a screenshot - I was going to try to recreate it today, sounds like it is an issue in my drawing

Message 12 of 20
doni49

Your screenshot shows that you have grips on the manhole.  What happens when you try to drag the bottom one up or down?

Since you said that you have the same results using *my* file as you do using yours, it has to be more than just the file. 

Also just a side note:  When posting a screenshot, you don't need to take the extra step of putting it in a pdf file.  Just save it as a png file and upload that.

Jeff:  Is there a C3D setting that is not stored in the dwg file (as the styles are) which would have this effect?

Don Ireland

Message 13 of 20
doni49

One more thing:  Jeff asked if you could post your dwg file.  If you can't for whatever reason, use the file that I posted.  You said that you had the same trouble with it -- open it, make a change, then save it and upload it here.  If there is something on your PC that's causing the file(s) to behave this way, then maybe this will cause my file to behave the same for Jeff.

Don Ireland

Message 14 of 20
Jeff_M

I can't think of any settings that would preclude him from making this edit, Don. Not sure why he'd see it in your drawing, either.

Martin, you never answered Don regarding your version & Service Pack. This may be one of the things corrected in a service pack (I have 2013, with SP2 installed)
EESignature
Message 15 of 20
martin888888

Thanks guys for the help with this.  Attached is the version I have, looks like I have 2013 SP1.  Do you think there were issues in that version?

I cant send a .dwg file for security reasons.  Maybe I can find time to condense it enough to send.

Message 16 of 20
martin888888

Thanks for the .png note, forgot about that option.

I can not adjust the grips at all, almost like it is locked.

I have not tried using your file as of yet

Message 17 of 20
Jeff_M

I highly recommend downloading and installing SP2 before trying anything else.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-civi...

EESignature
Message 18 of 20
doni49

martin888888 wrote:

I have not tried using your file as of yet

I thougth you said you had -- that's what is leading me to think it's a version specific bug (the fact that it works here but not there using the same file).  Try my file.  If it DOES work then it IS file specific.

Don Ireland

Message 19 of 20
martin888888

I just tried your file and I am unable to adjust the manholes by moving the grips nor does changes the sump elevation have an effect on the manhole graphic.

Message 20 of 20
Jay_B

@martin888888 wrote:

I can not adjust the grips at all, almost like it is locked.

I tried a tutorial dwg using Civil 3d 2013 SP1

Don't use it at all for production work at all, so my settings are 99.9% OOTB.

Turns out when I try to edit a structure it acts almost like it is locked for me too.

My best guess is the Pipe Network Catalog folder location hasn't been set & therefore

the structure sumps cannot be edited.

Watch the video and see if setting the catalog allows them to be edited.

It worked here.

(Note: I switch structures in video but both struc sumps can be edited).

http://www.screencast.com/t/fPVDHPuM

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report