Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Elevation Decimal Point the location of Elevation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wings1080
339 Views, 4 Replies

Making Elevation Decimal Point the location of Elevation

hi, looking everywhere for this, is it possible to have civil 3D position the elevation labels such that the decimal point is the actual location of that elevation?  if so, a screen shot of the dialog box would be very helpful and appreciated!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: wings1080

Yes. Make a block to use as a decimal point. Place this in a label style and attach the integer part of the elvation to the begining of the block and the decimal portion of the elev to the end of the block.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
wings1080
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I appreciate you answering ... this is a bit over my head, if you or anyone wants to spell out these steps in more detail I'd really appreciate it!

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: wings1080

This is similar to having an alignment station label located at the + sign. More on that here.

http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/2006/07/getting-plus-sign-truly-centered-on.html

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
wings1080
in reply to: jmayo-EE

thanks i'll check it out sometime, i just played with the X,Y offset to move the decimal closer to my X's and turned X's off, worked for most points, off on others, I didn't have time to learn this but will try to understand it later, thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report