Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a TIN and Contours?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tjboyer
225 Views, 6 Replies

Making a TIN and Contours?

I have inserted a topo point file into a point group, created a TIN surface, and added the point data to the surface. Is the TIN itself already created, if so can I view the triangles on the drawing? And then how do you generate and view the contours? Thanks in advance for any help!!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: tjboyer

Hi, Can you confirm you are using Civil 3D and not Land Desktop? The answers are different. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "tjboyer" wrote in message news:28917625.1106776905004.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I have inserted a topo point file into a point group, created a TIN >surface, and added the point data to the surface. Is the TIN itself already >created, if so can I view the triangles on the drawing? And then how do you >generate and view the contours? Thanks in advance for any help!!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You have defined the elements that will make up the TIN, namely which points to use. Now you must build the TIN. Simply right click on the surface in Terrain model explorer and select the "Build" option. After you have built the TIN you can display it using various options. These options are found in the Surface Display options under the Terrain Menu. You can also create contours after you have built the TIN using the Create Contours command under the Terrain Menu. "tjboyer" wrote in message news:28917625.1106776905004.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I have inserted a topo point file into a point group, created a TIN >surface, and added the point data to the surface. Is the TIN itself already >created, if so can I view the triangles on the drawing? And then how do you >generate and view the contours? Thanks in advance for any help!!
Message 4 of 7
tjboyer

Yes, I am using C3D
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Oops! "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:41f8286b_3@newsprd01... > Hi, > > Can you confirm you are using Civil 3D and not Land Desktop? > > The answers are different. > > -- > > Regards, > > > Laurie Comerford > www.cadapps.com.au > > "tjboyer" wrote in message > news:28917625.1106776905004.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >>I have inserted a topo point file into a point group, created a TIN >>surface, and added the point data to the surface. Is the TIN itself >>already created, if so can I view the triangles on the drawing? And then >>how do you generate and view the contours? Thanks in advance for any >>help!! > >
Message 6 of 7
tjboyer

Do you know the steps to make a TIN and contours in C3D?
Message 7 of 7
rgadbaw

I take it you see a boundary around the outside edge of your surface. If this is the case just click on the boundary and right click and go to Edit Surface Style. (I am taking it you probably don't have any other styles in your drawing) Once the dialog box comes up go to the display tab and turn on the contour layers and the triangles. Then press ok and you should see your surface.

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report