Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making a block (from exploded surface) un-selectable

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
autoMick
206 Views, 3 Replies

making a block (from exploded surface) un-selectable

OK folks....

I've got a surface that I want to be semi-tranparent, it seems the only practical solution at the moment is to eXplode it so that layer transparency will affect it. Which is fine, I guess, for the time being (well actually it's not but we don't have much choice with 2013 do we?).

Putting that aside, my issue now is that every time I hover over the exploded block, it does a selection 'preview' which is distracting to say the least. So I want this exploded surface to be unselectable. Is there a way? If I lock the layer, it dims it, which I don't want. If I freeze the layer the exploded surface just disappears. Surely there's a simple solution ??

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: autoMick

You can extract the Elevations from the surface rather than exploding the surface, then select the resulting solids to group them into a block if you want.

Turn off selection preview:

SelectionPreview.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
autoMick
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff - I'm embarrassed that I didn't find that myself. Exactly what I was after!

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 4 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: autoMick

Sure thing...see my edited post above

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report