Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macro for point explode

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lambertb
552 Views, 3 Replies

macro for point explode

Is it possible to write a macro or something that I could run on a file that had many survey point (cogo) and explode the points?

My problem is my survey file with the existing surface is very large and sing is for a xref for background (cad) information is a resource hog. I want to explode all the data to simple cad graphics. However when I wblock or explode all the information, some of the blocks associated with points do not work. It is old as I can explode the same block and 2 time it will look correct and another it will be a odd scale or something. If I don't each point by point, all the blocks look correct.

Anyone have a good workflow for making a base file with just cad?

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DaveM
in reply to: lambertb

you never heard this from me, because stuff like this is frowned on, but in situations where I explode a lot of points I will use the isolate objects tools. I isolate all of the points and explode them twice & the unisolate. Works pretty good. Let me know if you have never youed object isolation. It is different than layer isolation. 

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 4
troma
in reply to: lambertb

I use this lisp to deal with the *U blocks.  It explodes as many times as necessary, but will only explode *U blocks.  It won't explode the resultant blocks or mtext from exploded *U blocks.

;;;Purpose: to explode blocks with names starting with *U.
;;;Looped until all are exploded.

(defun c:XU (/ ss old-echo item ss1 item1)
  (setq old-echo (getvar "CMDECHO"))
  (setvar "CMDECHO" 0)
  (if (setq ss (ssget '((2 . "`*U*"))))
    (foreach item (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex ss))
      (command "Explode" item)
      (while
	(setq ss1 (ssget "_P" '((2 . "`*U*"))))
	 (foreach item1	(mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex ss1))
	   (command "Explode" item1)
	 )
      )
    )
  )
  (setq ss nil)
  (setq ss1 nil)
  (setvar "CMDECHO" old-echo)
  (princ)
)

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: troma

Any chance you'd be intrested in adding a burst command to this so it retains the sym layer if it's not hard coded in the style?

I need to explode points, then burst the undefined blocks and then xplode the undefined until mtext arrives.

Sure wish the export civil drawing worked on this...

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report