Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTS/Text issues

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
njglassburn
401 Views, 7 Replies

LTS/Text issues

I recently setup a new stripped down basic dwg template for Civil 3D 2010 in order or omit all the Civil 3D layers in my sheets; however my lintypes that have embedded text won't display properly. The text spacing scales to the dwg annotative scale of the drawing but the size of the text is staying at the .10" standard height. My dimensions are doing the same thing where the "fit" of the dimension is scaling properly per the drawing scale but the text is staying at the .10" height. I assume it's a setting issue but I'm struggling on finding the right one. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
joshuamodglin
in reply to: njglassburn

Check to see if the text style that is being called out in your linetype has a height assigned to it in the actual style. If so, this is probably the height of the text in your line as well.

HTH,

Josh Modglin
Advanced Technologies Solutions Logo
Message 3 of 8
njglassburn

That is a good starting point but I use these same linetypes in my standard autocad as well as the original Civil 3D template I set up and all the linetype text scales properly in those dwgs. I'm thinking its just a setting somewhere that I cannot find.

Thanks for your input.

Message 4 of 8
Sinc

The setting Josh is talking about is in your Text Style, which is stored in your drawing.  Did you look in your C3D drawing and verify that the text style specified in your linetype definition is using Height = 0, as in the image below?

text_height.png

Sinc
Message 5 of 8
njglassburn
in reply to: Sinc

So this may be a silly question but where do I find the text style dialog box? Typing "textstyle" in the command only allows you to set the font style using command line prompts.

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

ST or STYLE

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

...or on the Ribbon, Annotate Tab, Text Panel, the litle diagonal arrow in the lower right corner....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
njglassburn
in reply to: Jeff_M

That was the setting I needed. Thanks all for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report