Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsp to change object layers in settings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lambertb
297 Views, 2 Replies

lsp to change object layers in settings

Do anyone have a lsp that changes the object layers in the drawing settings tab? I have a couple layers that depending on the file I am in I wish to change the layers. I browsed a couple google searches but maybe couldn't understand what I was reading. Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: lambertb

Just make a couple "dummy" blank dwt's which have the Object Layers set as needed for each scenario.

How this works is when the "Current.dwg" open needs the object layers set differently do the following:

1. Open "Dummy" Layers.dwt & set Toolspace to "Master View".

2. Make Current.dwg the active drawing Window.

3. On Settings Tab of Toolspace > Rt. CLick on drawing name Layers.dwt > Edit Drawing Settings > select Object Layers tab > OK.

4. On Settings Tab of Toolspace > Rt. CLick on drawing name Current.dwg > Edit Drawing Settings > select Object Layers tab > Notice the Object Layers are automatically populated by those from the Layers.dwt.

We do this all the time for various Pipe Network types which have different Object Layers. the various PN Object Layer dwt's are on the network.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: lambertb

For those of us using the Sincpac-C3D package, we have the ObjLayWrite & ObjLayRead commands to save and restore any number of Object Layer scenarios. http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_ObjectLayerSettingsRead.htm
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report