Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Point Label

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
EddyL
2414 Views, 13 Replies

Low Point Label

Is there a way to label the low point of a profile or alignment that doesn't have any vertical curves? We have an existing alignment and profile which is reatively flat, and we'de like to establish and label the low points for drainage improvements.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jmayo-EE
in reply to: EddyL

We use a Profile Station/Elevation label. It is not automatic or dynamic but it will read the elevation correctly when moved around the profile view.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
EddyL

Are you refering to a profile view labels or profile label styles?

Message 4 of 14
jmayo-EE

Sorry Eddie. I was talking about a profile view label.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
EddyL
in reply to: jmayo-EE

So you are manually picking the point? Being that it's so flat and irregular, we were hoping there was a way to automatically locate and label the low point.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 14
jmayo-EE

Yes, I manually pick the point and have the same wish for an automatic label...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
Joe-Bouza

I dont see it on the profile but you can add ProfileGeometry points to alignment lables to highlight the LP, HP and so on i plan.

profile label in plan.PNG

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
BrianHailey

You would need to use a grade break label. You could create an expression to determine if the grade in is negative and the grade out is positive. If that's true, the grade break is a low point. You could also use the same concept to determine if it's a sag regardless if there is a low point. That expression would just make sure the incoming grade is less then the outgoing grade.

http://screencast.com/t/cEh6ObmdU

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 14
BrianHailey
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Joe-Bouza wrote:

I dont see it on the profile but you can add ProfileGeometry points to alignment lables to highlight the LP, HP and so on i plan.

By chance did you try this without a curve? I wasn't able to get it to work.

http://screencast.com/t/9PyDX46Ty0bv 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 14
jmayo-EE

Hey Brian, will that label only the lowest low point and the highest high point or will it label all grade breaks?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: BrianHailey

Yes I do all the time. I'm surprised - you used the codeset style and added the elvation parameter?

pgl labels.PNG

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
BrianHailey

But that will label all of the grade breaks and not just the low points. It sounded like the OP wanted just the low points and not the grade breaks that didn't result in a low point "for the drainage plans".

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 13 of 14
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: BrianHailey

Then he could add the conditional statements like you refered to in your earlier post, no?

Your Name

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
Grimes_MG
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Check out this thread on HP/LPs that only show when they are HP/LP and not GBs.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Adding-minimum-and-maximum-points-in-profile-...

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report