Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Right-click in Assembly Properties

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
433 Views, 8 Replies

Lost Right-click in Assembly Properties

I am trying to rearrange my assembly groups so that a markpoint is above the linktomarkedpoint. However, when I open the Assembly properties and right-click on a group, no menu appears! I've tried entering the box from both the assembly object and the Prospector tree, and I've tried closing out, even restarting the computer, with no effect.

I'm running C3D 2006 with SP2; all my right-click customizations are set to shortcut menu without a time delay. My mouse is a microsoft mouse running on the plug and play driver, and all other right-click menus seem to work correctly. Any ideas besides a full reinstall?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

PICKFIRST?

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Technology Manager &
Associate
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G
LDT 2006 & C3D2006/SP1
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

nope, didn't work
Message 4 of 9
alberto_go

I am having the same problem, with the difference that all of my R-click commands do not appear, that is, when selecting an Alignment, Profile, Template or Corridor, my corresponding commands do not appear when I R-click them... I tried checking on Options- User Preferences tab - R-click Customization - and all options were checked to Shortcut, however, that's not working either..... Any suggestions?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Just guessing here... what is PICKFIRST set to?

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2006 SP2
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 1.5G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 6 of 9
alberto_go

That's right James.. .that was the solution.... I did not know about that command, which for some reason got set to 0. That fixed it... Thank you!
Message 7 of 9
rutar

Hey!

If you are working on two or more extended monitors, try right-click on Construction Tab tree structure elements on MAIN SYSTEM MONITOR (nr. 1) , before drag Assembly Properties window here (to  MAIN SYSTEM MONITOR, where windows start button is).    I had this problem too,  and find this solution.

Message 8 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: rutar

Hey rutar:

It is unlikely that he is waiting since it has been nearly 6 years since his post.

<G>

Bill

Message 9 of 9
Colin.GaudetGBKQ4
in reply to: rutar

I would have never found this solution, thank you for suggesting this additional solve! 9 years later with COVID-19 and everyone working from home and laptops, this happens so much more frequently.

Here is where it got strange though, I have 3 monitors.

Laptop screen - The right-click works 

DVI-D to HDMI connected monitor - The right-click works

HDMI to HDMI connected monitor - The right-click doesn't work (Tried with and without a USB-C hub)

For me it seems to be either monitor or connector dependent for secondary monitors. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report