Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Profiles on one Profile View

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
troma
1285 Views, 8 Replies

Lost Profiles on one Profile View

I have a drawing with 13 profile views.  12 of them are working fine.

One profile view has 'lost' all its profiles.  It should have one surface profile, and 6 superimposed profiles that are designed by layout in other profile views.

The profiles still show up in prospector and in the profile view properties, but you can't see them in the drawing.  The profile view is on the same style as all the others, and the profiles are on multiple styles, but the same as their source profile and others in the drawing that are working fine.

I edited the alignment a little to see if that would 'jog the memory', then I turned all layers on and thawed.  Still nothing.  Then I superimposed a couple more profiles to see if they would show up.  Again, they show in the properties, but do not plot in profile view.

I have a separate drawing with this alignment & profiles shortcut into it, and I'm seeing exactly the same behaviour there too.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wfberry
in reply to: troma

Perhaps your 32 bit and 4 GB ram are showing up.

Bill

Message 3 of 9
troma
in reply to: wfberry

Well, I won't say that's impossible (and I'd certainly love to have your spec's) but it doesn't feel like that.  I would expect it to feel more buggy,crashes etc.  The fact that the problem is replicated in another drawing suggests that there is actually something wrong with the data.

I rebooted and tried a recover, but no help.

Thanks for your suggestions, got any more?

If I cleaned up the drawing would someone be willing to look at it?  I have to think about how much I can include and delete.

Mark Green

Message 4 of 9
wfberry

Sure send it to me.

wfberry at bellsouth dot net

Bill

Message 5 of 9
troma
in reply to: wfberry

Purged, deleted anything incriminating Smiley Wink

Got it down from 98MB  to just over 1MB.

Since I went to the bother of cleaning it up so much I thought I'd post it here rather than email; more than one person can have a chance to look it over, if they're so inclined.

Thanks to all that do!

*Edit*

I should have made it clearer in the drawing where the problem is.  The long profile view to the south should have all the design profiles from the other two views projected into it.  (I ended up deleting the surface in the cleanup, otherwise it should have its own surface profile in there too.)

Drawing is in 2011.

Mark Green

Message 6 of 9
Jeff_M

Something is buggared up with the alignment. It shows the starting station is 0+700 at 0,0, and shows the ending station of 0+700, yet it has a length of 1438.617. Thus far I haven't figured out what is going on.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 9
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

Where are you looking to find the information that it starts at 0,0?

You're right though, it's a mess.  Won't display the labels or let me add a station label either.

Just FYI: I set the reference station as 0+700 to match the stations on the other street.

Mark Green

Message 8 of 9
Jeff_M

And it won't let me change it (I can go select a point but it remains set at 0,0)

3-7-2013 11-31-03 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 9
troma
in reply to: Jeff_M

Smiley Embarassed Doh! That's where the x, y, coordinate is.  (I knew that!)

I have no idea what happened, but I'm starting to think I should just explode it to a polyline and use that to recreate the alignment.  This one is looking like a lost cause.

There's no rush on it right now, so I'll hold off on that to see if anyone has a better suggestion.  Thanks!

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report