Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Connection to Network Drives

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
khamilton
244 Views, 6 Replies

Losing Connection to Network Drives

When I launch Civil 3D I temporarily lose connection to my netwrok drives.  Generally this will last ~5 minutes where I cannot access any netwrok drives through windows or open any files through Civil 3D that are located on a network drive.  After that everything seems to go back to normal.

This problem started for me with C3D 2014 so we installed 2015 to see if that would take care of the problem,  but it did not.

If any one knows how to correct this problem or has any ideas or suggestions I would really appreciate it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: khamilton

Does this happen when you first log on to your computer in the morning and launch C3d?

Or whenever every time C3d is launched throughout the day?

If the former, it's possible that your system has not had time to properly map network drives and C3d is being launched before network drive mapping takes place.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
khamilton
in reply to: Jay_B

It happens whenever I launch Civil3D throughout the day, for instance today I had been logged in for ~3 hours before launching c3d.
Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

Is it possible the program set to "Run as Administrator" but your logged in as a User?

If so, if you log in as Administrator and launch, does the problem go away?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 7
khamilton

Where do I find if it is set to Run as Administrator?

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

Right click on desktop shortcut > Properties > Shortcut Tab > Advanced > is one place to verify.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 7
khamilton

Thanks, just found that myself.  No, it is not set to run as Adminstrator.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report