Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help with Road Section View Style

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
495 Views, 9 Replies

Looking for help with Road Section View Style

I sure could use some help with getting my section views to work out and be readable. I'm still trying to make sense of civil 3d and how the styles are controlled. I'm using Civil 3d 2012

I've got a new drawing started with the default template. I imported some points, I've got 2 TIN surfaces and a volume surface, an alignment and my sample lines. Once I had all that I was able to make a section view but the scale of all the labels is too large.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been playing with the settings and now It looks ok, but the surfaces don't show up now?! Help

Message 3 of 10
sboon

The elevations shown in your section view makes me wonder if your sample lines include any surface data.  Can you post the drawing?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Ya I've done something to make the surfaces unavailable to the cross section wizard somehow. All I wanted to do was change the existing ground to a dashed line and make the labels a resonable size. Here's the drawing.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Well, I'm out of Ideas, sure hope I can get a kick the right direction. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 10
sboon

There is no section data in your sample lines.  I would bet that you deleted the other views with a crossing window, which means that you deleted the data also.

If you expand the alignment in the Toolspace then you can right click on the sample line group to get the properties dialog open.  The Sections tab will allow you to sample more source data, and then you can recreate the section views.

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

Yes that worked! I had no idea that deleting the section views erases the data sample. Thank you for troubleshooting my drawing, you really bailed me out.

Justin

Message 8 of 10
JeffPaulsen

You can erase the section views without erasing the sampled data. But you have to make sure your are only selecting the views not the sampled lines.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 9 of 10
sboon

The same rule applies to profiles also.
Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 10 of 10
mathewkol

When you want to delete section views it's usually best to delete the section view group in the Prospector. I almost never delete views using autocad erase.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report