Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a list of label parameters with definitions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sboon
209 Views, 2 Replies

Looking for a list of label parameters with definitions

I'm working on an expression in 2012, and looking to see if there is a parameter that I can use for the calculation that I want. When I look at the list of options available I recognize almost all of them but there are a few that don't make sense to me based on their names - Tangent Offset at PVI for example.

I've tried searching the help files using all of the keywords that I can think of, but I cannot find any information on this. It seems to me that there should be a help file similar to the subassembly reference that explains (with pictures) what each label parameter refers to and how it is being derived. Has anybody ever seen something like this?

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: sboon

The term PVI normally refers to a vertical curve not PI for a horizontal curve.  Is this any help?  The vertical offset for a vertical curve would be the distance down or up to the curve.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
sboon
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill,

The list shown in the attachment is from the expression builder for profile vertical curves, and it includes a couple of parameters which I would expect to see on horizontal curves but not vertical ones.  This is exactly why I want to see an explanation from Autodesk of their terminology.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report