Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a LISP file for bearing and distance

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
5705 Views, 14 Replies

Looking for a LISP file for bearing and distance

I had a LISP file that would add bearing and distance to a line. it was called laline. wondering if any one has something like this? Or can help me with another?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use the OOTB Line and Curve labels to get all of your survey data onto simple AutoCAD linework.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT THAT?

Message 4 of 15
tcorey

I have attached a quick lisp routine that will do the labeling for you, but I highly recommend you take the previous poster's advice and use the labeling that comes with Civil 3D.

I whipped the attached out in a few minutes, but, sorry, I don't have time to polish it.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 15
jmayo-EE

I don't know what version you are using for ribbon/menu procedure so type ADDLABLES into the command line to begin.

If you have not set up any label styles yet I would recommend the Tutorials found in C3D's Help files. There are quick tutorials for creating and editing label styles.

If you began with one of the shipped NCS templates you have preconfigured label styles that you can use. Open the NCS template to drag and drop styles between dwg's or insert an NCS template into your file as a block if you do not have the styles available.

The attached screen shot shows two of the styles in the NCS Imperial template.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
Joe-Bouza

For starters pull down every menue and digest the possibilities of there meaning, then press F1 and type line labelsSmiley Tongue

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
gccdaemon

I tried writing it in crayon on my monitor, but I think I drew it on the defpoints layer cause it's not printing. [shrugs] Robot tongue

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 8 of 15
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: gccdaemon

Good to see your sense of humor. Good luck

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
wfberry

ADDLABLES won't work but:

ADDLABELS will.

<G>

Bill

Message 10 of 15
jmayo-EE
in reply to: wfberry

Doh!

🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Not sure what I am doing wrong? But when using add labels, when I click on add. It says in command line "select point of entity:" but when I select a line nothing happens. I tried the practice drawing it works. I haven't quite figured ou how to set it up the way I would like it, but just getting any label would be a start. I also tried the lisp file but do not know command to start it.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Have you gone through the tutorials on labeling?  Styles are very powerful, and at first, confusing, because so many things are happening all at once.

One thing to check right away, is layers.  Turn all your layers on & thawed, because the lable style may be on a layer you're not expecting it to be on.

Reid

Message 13 of 15
jmayo-EE

You need to convert the pline. Type convert and go through the command line prompts to convert plines selected on screen. Then look into the plinetype system variable if you have the issue with newly created plines.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks to all for help! I have if figured out. It dosent work as well as the lisp file I had but does the job

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

After you go to customize. and load lisp file. type in laline in the command line to start.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report