Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Points

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AEC_Cadd
1243 Views, 6 Replies

Lock Points

Is there a way to lock the X,Y location of points so that they don't get moved but still be able to change the point style fo the locked points?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: AEC_Cadd

If you import points through the survey database, they are automatically locked,. But if you just insert points or creating your own points, select one, right click, select lock points. You should be able to use select similar and lock multiple at once.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 7
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: sjg

Thanks Steve, but what I want to do is lock a group of points at their X,Y location but still be able to change their Label Style.

Message 4 of 7
sjg
Advisor

Create a point group, include the points you want to include. Right click point group, lock points. Points will be locked in X,Y and you can change the point and label style of the group.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 5 of 7
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: sjg

Steve

I did what you said but if you lock the points in a point group, there is no way to change the point style. I know you can lock the point group and still change the point style but you can also move the points. I want some way to lock the point X,Y location so that I don't accidently move a point but still be able to change the point style. Perhaps I am missing something. I tried it in both the Civil 3D 2010 and the Civil 3D 2013. There is a way to lock point locations in LDT and I want to be able to do the same kind of thing in Civil 3D.

Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson

I find that the best way to do this is to export the points and import them into a survey database, that way there locked and retained for import later into other drawings as needed.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Bob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report