Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

location-based compute materials corridor shape

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
granite07
404 Views, 1 Reply

location-based compute materials corridor shape

I'd like to build a location-based quantity takeoff using compute materials (actually using a mix of QTO, composite volumes, and maybe parcels and bounded volumes but this question is specific to compute materials). I have been working on this technical challenge today and hope to have it solved by tomorrow morning.

I created a new 'Quantity Takeoff Criteria' and added materials for the items I'd like to takeoff with compute materials, such as the corridor shape volumes that are not well handled by QTO. So there are structure quantity types for materials Pave1, Base1, Curb, RW.Footing, Wall, and Barrier. But, when I return to Compute Materials I have the option to assign 1 object to each corridor shape named. Here is the problem, there are 36 pave objects named Pave1 and only 1 material Pave1.

The solution I tried is to go back and edit the code set styles to add a location prefix like 99CL1>M>06 to the link names - making 36 99CL1>*>**-Pave1 objects. But, apparently these are links and obviously not objects so the names did not go through to the compute materials objects list.

The next two approaches are: 1) Go back to the subassembly properties and edit the codeSetStyle with prefixes - I assume this means I'd need a distinct subassembly for each location, a unwieldy situation. 2) Create a specific material and shape pair for each location, for example 36 99CL1>*>**-Pave1 material and Pave1 shape pairs. An awkward workaround but preferable to defining a specific subassebly to each location.

If you are wondering why the heck do you want to do that, it is for pure theoretical perfection and adhering to it, follow the signature link and read all about it.

Have I missed an approach or is this it?

Forest Peterson, granite@stanford.edu; build-sheet
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LeafRiders
in reply to: granite07

This is on topic... I may have changed a setting for my corridor shapes at some point. But now within "Compute Material" section I no longer can select my pave1 and pave2 as well as subbase shapes from my design corridor. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report