Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating Objects/Styles By Layer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
307 Views, 3 Replies

Locating Objects/Styles By Layer

I recently began rebuilding our offices' Civil 3D drawings template. We had an outragious amount of layers, so i was designated the task of weeding out what we did not need. So far so good, I have already cut the amount of layers we have in half just by cleaning up pipe and structure styles. Does anyone know if they is a way to locate an object or style by its' layer? I have 2 layers that I want to delete, but when I try to delete or purge them I receive the "this layer contains an object" error. I have gone through all of my structure and pipe styles to make sure that none of them contain this layer for any purpose. Any thoughts? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

The Sincpac -3D add-on has a tool that lists which styles use which layers and text styles. Allows you to change the layer/style used, as well. Www.quuxsoft.com
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
johngordon6189
in reply to: Anonymous

have you tried drawing a line on the layers you want to delete and use the laydel command?  Otherwise you would need to go through the ambient settings, feature settings and styles or use some third party options.

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johngordon6189

Yes, because the layers I am trying to delete are associate with something within the drawing (I am thinking a pipe or structure style that i haven't addressed) it will not allow said layer to be deleted. I need to locate the style that has this layer associated/attached to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report