Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading AECC Point Cloud Manager Items- slow startup

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dslocum
2067 Views, 5 Replies

Loading AECC Point Cloud Manager Items- slow startup

When starting up Civil 3D 2014 the initialization locks up at "Loading AECC Point Cloud Manager Items..." It takes 5 to 10 minutes to load. Does anyone know what this is and how I can speed it up?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: dslocum

I would initiate the secondary installer to rebuild your user profile.  If you want to do this, close Civil 3D. Go to your registry editor and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409.  Right-click on ACAD-D000:409 and delete it.  Restart Civil 3D.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
dslocum
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thank for the response. Will this reset my workspace or will I lose any customized settings by doing this?

Message 4 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

Unfortunately, all customization will be lost.  But, it will clean up any corruption to the user profile and run much smoother.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 5 of 6
dslocum
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

OK thanks. I'm not sure that I'm ready to lose all of my settings I've worked so hard on. I guess if I get too impatient I'll bite the bullet. Is there any way to save my custom settings and re-import after the reset?

Message 6 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM

You could export out your user profile and cross your fingers that it will not bring back the same issue after you import it back inSmiley Sad.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report