Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Alignments and Shortcuts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AllenJessup
199 Views, 2 Replies

List Alignments and Shortcuts

Is it possible to export a list of Alignment and/or Shortcuts (Drefs) from a drawing?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: AllenJessup

Sort of... One way this can be done is to Right Click on Data Shortcuts in Prospector>Create Data Shortcuts>Rt Click on Create Data Shortcuts Dialog>Copy to clipboard>Paste into another application such as Excel.

This will provide a list of ALL items in drawing that Are/Can be Data Referenced from within a given source dwg.

Object Status Description  
Trail Datum Already created 
Trail FG Already created 
Trail_3 Already created   
XG-Trail_3 Already created 
FG-Trail_3 Already created 
Trail_2 Already created 
 XG-Trail_2 Already created 
FG-Trail_2 Already created 
Trail Already created   
XG-Trail Already created 
FG-Trail Already created 

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks. That will get me a list of Shortcuts created in a drawing and that may become convenient. What I'm looking for now is a way to list those items shortcuted in a drawing.

I found I could select Centerline Alignments in the Prospector of the source drawing, select the first Alignment in the lower pane, use Ctrl+A, rt-click and select Copy to clipboard. That way I get a list of the Alignments in the source drawing.

In the destination drawing I can select Centerline Alignments in the Prospector again. Luckily there are no alignments defined in the destination drawing so if I select and copy again. That will give me a list of the shortcut alignments. So I think I have what I need right now.

This is the first step in diagnosing a problem I'm having with migrating shortcuts to 2014. More on that later.

Allen

Added: the copy/paste method works nicely when pasted into a spreadsheet. A few glitches but mostly comes in correctly column by column. I original pasted into Word but that was a little messy.

ASJ

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report