Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkToMarkedPoint2 in same Corridor-Different Assemblies???

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
d4dooley2
901 Views, 6 Replies

LinkToMarkedPoint2 in same Corridor-Different Assemblies???

Hello,

I have a corridor with multiple baselines and assemblies (not offset assemblies, but different baselines and assemblies).

I am trying to link them together with the LinkToMarkedPoint2 subassembly.  From what I have read, this should be possible with this command, but I am getting no links.  Am I wrong about the capabilities of this subassembly?

Kevin

C3D - 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: d4dooley2

That sub has been problematic from way back when it was first introduced.  I've seen it work occasionally, but generally it's a waste of time.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7
d4dooley2
in reply to: sboon

Any sugesstions as to how to link different assemblies on different baselines within the same corridor then?  They are not constant offsets, slopes, etc.

Message 4 of 7
sboon

Do you really need a link between them, or just a surface?  There are some options using extracted featurelines and grading objects, or you can paste different surfaces together into a composite final grade.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
d4dooley2

It seems like a link looks much better in cross-section than a surface.  The surface between them is OK, it has it's shortcomings (b/c the alignments aren't parallel with the corridor), and the slope labels on the surface in cross sections are a bit too much.  It just seems that a link would be better than just the surface.  If it can't really be done, that's fine, I can live with the surface, but was just wanting to know if I was missing something.

Message 6 of 7
sboon

It can be done with a link - just takes more effort and it isn't as dynamic.

I'm assuming that you already have the design for both of the roads completed, and aren't planning any major changes.  Extract the featureline at the inside edge of one side, making sure that the option for maintaining a dynamic link to the corridor is turned off.  For the assembly that you're using on the other side of the median attach a LinkOffsetAndElevation to the inside edge.  In the corridor parameters this link will be targeted horizontally and vertically to the extracted featureline.  Keep in mind that if the design changes you may need to update the featureline.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
d4dooley2

Thanks, Steve.  I will try this out after a couple of final tweaks.  Hopefully the landscape architects don't get too crazy with berms and such.  Smiley Frustrated

Too bad there isn't a dynamic link for this sort of thing.  Linktomarkedpoint2 is "supposed" to do this and be dynamic though, correct (at least that's what I can tell from it's description)?

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report