Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Blocks to Text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
338 Views, 2 Replies

Linking Blocks to Text

Hello!

This is my first time asking a question on Autodesks forum and I'm very excited!

I'm currently working with AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion.  The drawing has hundreds of callouts for different elements all over the site.  The callouts are in form of a block, with a number inside. The number corresponds to a notes page which lists each detail in chronological order. (nothing new there)

Due to an expanding and shifting job site, notes have been added and deleted.  The problem is now we have to go back through and update all the callout blocks.  For example: We have 75 notes in our list, if note number 3 changes or is deleted, we need to go through and change all the numbers in all the blocks to reflect the change to the list.

Is there a way to link blocks to an mtext list? or possibly a spreadsheet?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jwjones1
in reply to: Anonymous

You can try linking the numbers in the block to the sheetset via a "field".  Using a sheetset, you can set up custom variables in the sheetset and then use a field inside of each block to call out the number.  If you need to change a number globally, just change it in the sheetset.

Message 3 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jwjones1

I concur.

And for the OP: Look up Hiedi Hewets white paper Sheets happen and have an eye opener.

In the mean time: you may want to consider adding the note as an invisible attribute to the block, then you could data extract a table into your notes and the plans callouts would be dynamically linked.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report