Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking attributes to each other

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wbrustle
579 Views, 2 Replies

linking attributes to each other

Our standard for details is to number them on the detail sheet as they appear numerically. We have an attribute that looks like a circle with a horizontal line running across the middle so we can put the number of the detail as it falls on the sheet on the top half and the number of the sheet on the bottom half of the circle. These numbers correspond to the same attribute located on the plan sheet. The issue we run into quite often is that a detail may be deleted or added to the detail page, which changes the numbers of the details as they appear and then going into the "plan" sheet and finding the same attributes and changing them there. I was asked to see if there was a way these two attributes can be linked somehow and that the attributes can be changed together automatically. I hope this makes sense

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarySeufert
in reply to: wbrustle

Look into fully utilizing Sheet Set Manager. You would place your details on the sheet using the 'Model Views' tab. You are able to either automatically or manually (using fields) place detail callout and detail view titlemark blocks with a "link" back to the sheet set's Sheet View information at the same time. When you place a Model View on a sheet, SSM creates a Sheet View data set with inputs for number and name fields. All this is editable in one place which would then update your multiple references to the sheet set view information. You would still have to clean up after a deleted detail to remove its associated callout blocks, but adding and rearranging details (and their numbers) is simple to do with the rename and renumber function.

Probably the best learning resource for SSM is Heidi Hewett's Sheets Happen. Below is an image of how to get Sheet View information as a field manually.

SSM in Fields.PNG

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 3
wbrustle
in reply to: MarySeufert

ok great.....I will definitely try this when I have time. I have never used Sheet Set Manager before, so I will look into this and let you know how I make out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report