Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linework

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dwk1204
426 Views, 5 Replies

Linework

New to linework, description keys, styles, etc..Most seems to be working quite well, but still little issues such as all my trees (tree*) being connected by linework when it should just be my tree line (tr)?

Looking for some good reading resources to help me along in my learning process.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated....Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: dwk1204

You have a linework code TR* or TR that matches the tree code and is connecting the trees with lines?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I would venture a guess to say that the problem is in the Figure Prefix Database you are using. You probably have a code in there like 'TR' for tree that is telling C3D it is linework, not a point. Check in there, and if it is, delete it from your FPD, and ensure you have TR in your Description Key Set the way you want it, and re-import the data.

Message 4 of 6
dwk1204

Thank you both for the reply...Yes, I have a code tr in my FPD with a style tr that is used for our tree line and works fine, connects all the tr points (I am assuming using the tr code in my description keys). My confusion is why it also connects the trees when their code in the description keys is tree* and I do not have a tree in my FPD.

BTW...I did delete the tr in my FPD and the trees were no longer connected by linework, but now my tree line (the tr points) is no longer connected?

Thanks Again...

Message 5 of 6
jmayo-EE

The trees are connected because 'tree' begins with 'tr'.

You need a new code for the trees or the linework. I would use Excell to change the linework code to 'tl' for tree line and ask the field crew/surveyor to start using the new code.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
dwk1204

That worked, greatrly appreciate the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report