Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linework from field codes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
528 Views, 2 Replies

Linework from field codes?

Hello Fellow LDDers, I am happy to tell you that I have my point groups and description keys set up. When I import a csv file the points are filtered to the respective point groups,symbols appear and everything gets placed on the proper layer. My next hurdle is to figure out how to generate line work from the field codes. Our field codes have the B,E,BC,EC parameters to begin a line,end a line,begin a curve,end a curve...attached to them...for example...code BB means bottom of bank...to start a line the field surveyor enters BB B to begin the line describing the bottom of the bank and BB E to end and so on...Can AutoCAD process these codes to automatically generate line work. We currently collect GPS data with survey controller and process through a feature code library in TGO.This produces linework which we then export a DXF to use as a XREF to help draw in lines. Does LDD 2008 have the capacity to do this? Is there a lsp routine that generates linework from points without going from point to point? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...Its been raining here in Phoenix for about a week...very strange for the desert...See You,rlshound
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

This is the Civil 3D group. There's another forum for Land Desktop.

I think there's a way to do it in LDD 2008, but I believe it was much like the old-style method used in Civil 3D prior to 2010. In other words, I think you have to use a FBK file.

The process has gotten easier with C3D 2010, and now we can process linework commands without the FBK file. But that doesn't help you in LDD 2008...

-- Sinc
http://www.ejsurveying.com
http://www.quuxsoft.com
Sinc
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Sinc...I'll go to the LDD section...rlshound

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report